Michael Brandvold Marketing Services
Digital Strategy Creation
Working with your team we will help you craft a release strategy that is unique to your goals and your music, including standard and social advertising, twitter advertising, retargeting and incorporation of smart and short urls.
One hour of one on one time over the phone or Skype to discuss your music, online presence and marketing.
We’ll review marketing plans and coordinate marketing efforts with record labels and distributers, across all platforms.
Content Strategy Creation
“What should I post? I have nothing to post!” Let us create a daily plan of content you can share with your fans. We’ll generate content themes for individual social media platforms to keep content fresh and lively.
Let us help you find your “story” and get the word out to the press — websites, magazines, terrestrial and satellite radio, and more.
We’ll figure out and execute a targeted acquisition strategy, geared toward getting “lookalike” fans to notice and become engaged with you.
We can manage all of your day-to-day social media ops. We’ll work directly with your team to keep you and your band active and engaged with fans. We’ll also create a marketing plan deliverable that incorporates all marketing channels – social, email and advertising.
Do you or your band need a website? Your Facebook page should not be your main online home. Whatever your budget we have you covered. We’ll also provide search-engine optimization.
Need radio promotion? We can hire and manage your radio promotion teams. We can work with your radio promo team to ensure you get the most out of your airplay.
$99 – Music Marketing Consultation
One hour of one on one time over the phone or Skype. You can discuss any aspect of your music online presence and marketing or ideas. I will also provide you with a mp3 recording of the call.
PAST SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Conclave #41, Minneapolis, MN
- San Francisco, CA SAE Institute – How to Create a Content Strategy
- Internet Virtual Music Conference
- San Francisco, CA Pyramind Studio
- San Francisco, CA Music Marketing with KISS SAE Institue
- Internet Breaking Down The Wall: How to Use BandPage Everywhere to Connect More Deeply with Your Fans by BandPage, Presented by Music Biz Weekly
- San Francisco, CA Bay Area Producers Conference
- Oakland, CA Online Marketing & Social Media Workshop. What Rock Stars & Porn Stars Know About Online Promotion That You Don’t… But Need To! Oakland Music Complex.
- Minneapolis The Conclave Learning Conference Speaking as part of Jacobs Media Summer School
- Internet The Music Biz Weekly Webinar How to use Music Xray to submit your music for licensing.
- Oakland California Music Industry Summit
- San Francisco NARIP – File Sharing Advances a Band: BitTorrent Boosts Pretty Lights
- Internet Webinar – How To Use ReverbNation To Promote Your Music
- Internet Live From Music City
- Hollywood, CA Worldwide Radio Summit
- San Francisco NARIP – Digital Music License Deal Mock Negotiation
- Toronto Canadian Music Week
- Toronto Newcap Radio PD Conference
- Oslo Webforum 2012 Norway
- Internet Webinar, How to Create a Content Strategy
- Berkeley California Lawyers for the Arts Music Business Seminar
- San Francisco PR Consultant’s Group
- Hollywood, FL Driven Music Conference
- Petaluma Wine Country WordPress Meetup
Book Me To Speak
Michael Brandvold is available for speaking engagements, panels and seminars. If you are interested or have any questions about speaking please contact me.
Presentations: (click to view actual presentations)
- Video – KISS School of Marketing
- Video – How to Tweet Like a Rock Star
- Video – Using Online Contests to Boost Social Media Results Part 1 Part 2
- Building Business Through Social Media – Online Contests and Social Media
- Rock Stars and Porn Stars, Effective Social Networking and Fan Engagement Techniques, Tricks and Tips
- Using Social Media Effectively Alongside Your Website
- Marketing Lessons You Can Learn From KISS
- What Rock Stars & Porn Stars Know About Online Promotion That You Don’t
- Direct to Fan Music Marketing
- How to use Facebook to promote your music.
- How to use Twitter to promote your music.
- KISS School of Marketing, Lessons Learned While Working with KISS.
- What Rock Stars Know About Promotion and You Don’t
- How Artists Can Use WordPress for Build Their Official Website.
- How to Use Social Media to Promote your Music.
- How to Find New Fans Online.
- How to Engage with Your Fans.
- Brennan Rock and Roll Academy, Sioux Falls, SD
- Internet The Music Biz Weekly Webinar How to Use WordPress for Your Band’s Website
- San Francisco NARIP – Music Supervisor Session with Todd Porter
- San Francisco NARIP – How To Use Social Media To Promote Music: Get A Digital Strategy In Just One Session
- Atlanta Driven Music Conference
- Internet The Music Biz Weekly Webinar How to Easily use Twitter to Promote Your Music.
- San Francisco SF PR Summit
- Minneapolis The Conclave Learning Conference
- San Francisco Building Business Through Social Media
- Oakland California Music Industry Summit
- San Francisco Online Marketing & Social Media Workshop. What Rock Stars & Porn Stars Know About Online Promotion That You Don’t… But Need To!
- Los Angeles NARM Convention
- Austin SXSW Interactive United States
- Guest on KLZ 560 AM Denver, CO
- Guest on Pure Rock Radio Radioactive Metal
- Guest on Good Day Minnesota KMSP Channel 9 Minneapolis, MN
- Interviewed VH1 KISS Beyond the Makeup
- Interviewed Internet Tonight ZDTV
- Interviewed on Chrysalis TV UK
- Speaker at Gayvn Seminar – Internet Traffic Panel
- Speaker at Quicktime Live Keynote Panelist, Los Angeles, CA
- Speaker at various KISS conventions
- Guest on Small Business Naked podcast
- Guest on Live from Music City
- Guest on the Music Marketing Mentorship program
- Guest on the Artist Empowerment Radio Podcast
Facebook got a real shot in the arm - because of you! Got to say that! Because of you!!!Accept
Michael has always been available and extremely helpful to me in my step back into the musical arena. His hard work and advice have been instrumental in many opportunities they are coming my way.Leather Leone
...he has been an amazing asset to the team \m/!The Veer Union
I am very grateful to have you in my corner Micheal.Dino Jag
You are a powerful and attractive man.Gene Simmons
We got there because we have some amazing people that prop us up, inspire us, and bless us with their talent, energies and most priceless, their friendship! What they all have in common is their passion for music and talent to bring music to others.Little Caesar
Michael's efforts in pushing original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley's Anomaly pre-release sales was definitely part of the reason the album debuted at #27 on the Billboard 200 charts. He did a great marketing push on the album and was a big help.Frank Munoz
Michael Brandvold did a great job at our conference, weaving in his experience with KISS to help our audience get a grasp on key marketing tenets. Michael expertly mixed humor, true stories, and solid principals to connect the dots. I had several attendees approach me afterwards with kudos for his presentation.Fred Jacobs
Dude you are so awesome!Andy Gibson
We honestly couldn't have reached that goal without you.KISS
I have just launched a state of art , live concert / production facility in Santa Rosa, California . The venue, House of Rock ,was opened in October of 2016. After many openings as a consultant and owner in other parts of the US and abroad, I'd wished that Michael Brandvold would have been involved with me in my previous endeavors. His attention to the fine points of the operation was and is incomparable . Michael's expertise in Social Media, Secular Marketing, Web Design, All Tech requirements and issues pertaining to ticketing, venue promotions, facilitating all House of Rock performing artists interviews with area radio and print, while corresponding with the artists publicity department, utilizing all free advertising sources and etc. When involved in a turn key of a major venue, things sometimes slip through the cracks. Working with Michael, all the cracks were sealed. It was a productive and fruitful experience working with him.Rock Star University House of Rock
Love the job you are doing for our social media. Really really really amazing!Gary Douglas
Thank you so much for helping us with the launch! Your info and support have been awesome. You rock! Couldn't have launched it without you.Happier By The Minute
Michael's experience over the years work with artist websites, fan communities and online stores is a perfect fit for all my expanding online activities.Bumblefoot
(You) have gone far and beyond the call of duty and have done a great job managing the media tsunami.Greg Kihn
I¹d like to take the time to thank you for your words of wisdom as a 2011 Conclave Faculty member. You may or may not ever know how much your words impacted the hopes and dreams of your students. But be assured that by teaching them, you made our industry exponentially better for the benefit of everyone within it.Tom Kay
I have seen Michael speak -- he's nothing short of awesome.Joel Denver
You rocked it and I am very grateful for the chance to work together.Steve Jones
We are very excited to have Michael Brandvold Marketing on our team to help us guide our online marketing efforts. We know Michael is on the forefront of social media music marketing.Dream Theater
...it was a success and appreciate all of your help in spreading the word! the turnout was really strong.Blue Rose Ball
We're SO thankful for the amazing knowledge you are passing on to our students! Thank you for sharing you time and talents with us!!Brennan Rock & Roll Academy
A heartfelt thank you for all you did to create, produce, design and promote "Daybreak".Spencer Day
The horn give away is a brilliant idea of yours!! It's generating lot's of interest and it just started out exactly what it's intended purpose is. Great idea Michael-you're the man.Bill Ortiz
Great job you've done in helping get this buzz going for me and now the Killer Dwarfs. You are an integral part of our team.Russ Dwarf
You've done an awesome job at building this up for the release date. Great job!!! Thanks so much brother!Tim King
Michael Brandvold is that rare breed: a true social media and marketing/PR expert. His hands on experience and real-life experience getting attention for his clients translates into a dynamic and practical presentation. He works, and so does his advice.David Perry
Thank you for coming to Oslo. We appreciated your talk very much, and I think your "marketing-lessons-learnt-from-KISS"-stuff is actually very useful. Many companies would do well to find their inner superstars!
Do you or your band need a website?
Your Facebook page should not be your main online home. We have built websites over the years for artists such as KISS, Accept, Greg Kihn and many more. Whatever your budget we have you covered.
Our Basic Package is the perfect economical choice for a small website that needs to be up in as little as one day. Get up to 3 search engine optimized pages and a Custom Contact Form.
If you’d like to have more control over your content and post blogs and news right on your website, the Enhanced Package is the perfect choice. Best of all, we’ll have you online is as few as three days.
For the webstie that goes beyond pages and blog posts, the Complete Package integrates with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr. Your content will get greater visibility through these social channels.