Welcome to episode 33, December 31, 2012, of the Dropping The Needle podcast. In this episode Michael and Mitch discuss their top 10 albums of 2012.
Michael’s Top 10:
1. Lionel Richie – Tuskegee
2. Van Halen – A Different Kind of Truth
3. ZZ Top – La Futura
4. Outlaws – It’s About Pride
5. Gun – Break The Silence
6. Little Caesar – American Dream
7. Halestorm – The Strange Case of…
8. Luke Dowler – Polarized
9. Led Zeppelin – Celebration Day
10. KISS – Monster – iTunes bonus track release
1. Prince – Rock N Roll Love Affair, single
2. Great White – Elation (remix)
3. Asia – XXX
4. Valerie – Valerie
5. Matt Jaffe, unsigned demo
6. Kenny Chesney – Welcome to the Fishbowl
7. Aerosmith – Music From Another Dimension
8. Jimi Jamison – Never Too Late
Mitch’s Top 10:
1. Van Halen – A Different Kind Of Truth
2. KISS – Monster
3. Aerosmith – Music From Another Dimension
4. Accept – Stalingrad
5. Little Caesar – American Dream
6. L A Guns – Hollywood Forever
7. Great White – Elation (George Tutko Remix)
8. Kill Hill Devil – S/T
9. Dokken – Broken Bones
10. Geoff Tate – KIngs & Thieves
1. Cheap Trick – Epic box set
2. DIO – Deluxe Editions (Holy Diver, Last In Line, Sacred Heart)
3. Judas Priest – Screaming For Vengeance (30th Anniversary)
4. KISS – Destroyer (Resurrected)
Dropping The Needle is the podcast where all music from all genres is discussed. New releases, classic albums, rediscovered music, signed and unsigned. No ass kissing, just two guys talking about music. Dropping The Needle is hosted Michael Brandvold from Michael Brandvold Marketing and Mitch Lafon, rock journalist.
Tune in to the next episode of Dropping The Needle to see what artists we drop the needle on.
- Follow Dropping the Needle on Facebook.
- Subscribe to Dropping The Needle in iTunes.
- Listen to Dropping The Needle on Stitcher Radio.
- Follow Michael on Twitter at @michaelsb
- Follow Mitch on Twitter at @mitchlafon
Michael Brandvold is a freelance music industry consultant based in Northern California. Having launched Michael Brandvold Marketing to leverage his years of experience to provide direction to large and small clients in the areas of online & social marketing as well as e-commerce and customer acquisition and retention. Gene Simmons of KISS first tapped Michael’s skills as a pioneering online marketing strategist to launch and manage all aspects of Kissonline.com’s multi-million dollar enterprise, including their ground-breaking VIP ticket program. Michael has also managed the online efforts for Dream Theater, Little Caesar, Andy Gibson, Alexa Carter, Greg Kihn, Motley Crüe, Rod Stewart, Madonna, Ozzy Osbourne, Madonna and Britney Spears to name only a few.
Mitch Lafon is a professional music writer located in Montreal, Quebec (Canada). His career started in 1980 when at the age of eleven he interviewed The Demon of KISS, Gene Simmons. In the ‘90s he did studio work with various artists including LA GUNS and worked on an Ace Frehley Tribute album. Over the years, his work has appeared in Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles Magazine as well as Metal Hammer (US) and Classic Rock (UK). Currently, PureGrainAudio.com and Roadie Crew magazine from Brazil are where his interviews can be found. He is well-respected by artists who often request him by name (when they are ready to grant an interview).