We wish YouTube and Spotify would create one button “boost” type advertising.
Episode 586: This week Jay and Michael talk about one of their wishes… we wish YouTube and Spotify would create one button “boost” type advertising. Make it so simple and easy to start running ads. How much more ad revenue could be generated if the barrier to creating ads was removed?
• Music Biz Weekly podcast listeners can go to Bandzoogle.com to try it free for 30 days, and use the promo code “musicbizweekly” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
• Get free shipping on CD orders of 100+ from DiscMakers.com with code FREEBIZ (up to a $150 value!).
• Visit Hypebot for music business news and insights. www.Hypebot.com
• Visit Bandsintown to manage your tour dates and communicate with your fans. www.Bandsintown.com
If you are interested in speaking with Michael about what he can do to assist with marketing needs message him with the contact form.
If you like the podcast I ask that you visit iTunes and please Rate & Review The Music Biz Weekly podcast. http://smarturl.it/musicbiz
For all discussions, training, tips and tricks related to music marketing don’t miss any episode of The Music Biz Weekly Podcast.
- Download The Music Biz Weekly Podcast from iTunes.
- Listen to The Music Biz Weekly Podcast on Spreaker.
- Listen to The Music Biz Weekly Podcast on SoundCloud.
- Visit iTunes and please Rate & Review The Music Biz Weekly.
- Visit The Music Biz Weekly Podcast on Facebook.
Michael Brandvold is a freelance music industry consultant based in Northern California. Having launched Michael Brandvold Marketing to leverage his years of experience to provide direction to large and small clients in the areas of online & social marketing as well as e-commerce and customer acquisition and retention.
Gene Simmons of KISS first tapped Michael’s skills as a pioneering online marketing strategist to launch and manage all aspects of Kissonline.com’s multi-million dollar enterprise, including their ground-breaking VIP ticket program.
Michael has also managed the online efforts for KISS, ACCEPT, SOiL, Tantric, Killer Dwarfs, Dream Theater, Little Caesar, Narada Michael Walden, Motley Crüe, Rod Stewart, Madonna, Ozzy Osbourne, Madonna and Britney Spears to name only a few.
If you are interested in speaking with Michael about what he can do to assist with your marketing needs contact him online at
email: me (at) mikebrandvold.com
As a teenager in the Pacific Northwest, Jay smuggled his Canon F-1 into rock concerts to get the perfect shot of the likes of Van Halen, Queen and Cheap Trick. After college, he toured as a musician gaining invaluable experience in what it takes to create and promote an album. He later translated that knowledge as an executive with Universal, Sony and Warner Music Groups.
He moved to San Francisco and finally to Los Angeles for Universal Music where he worked for 18 years, most recently as VP New Media and Online Marketing for Universal Music Enterprises.
Jay has been on the cutting edge of Digital Sales & Marketing with Universal, Starbucks Entertainment, Fox and Warner Music. It is this unique perspective as a musician, music executive, and fan that makes Jay‘s approach to Digital Strategy and Online Marketing so artist-friendly.”
Jay co-founded Label Service company LABEL LOGIC and also works with clients as an independent consultant. He publishes a weekly industry news email called Your Morning Coffee. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/2cuQbb2